Devon IT is an information technology company that focuses on offering thin client hardware and software for alternative desktop solutions that provide enterprise customers with greater security, enhanced manageability, improved reliability, and lower costs. Devon IT's thin client hardware and software for alternative desktop solutions that provide enterprise customers and organizations with greater security, enhanced manageability, improved reliability, and lower costs through alternative desktop computing.
Devon IT Products
VDI Blaster (TM)
VDI Blaster™ from Devon IT is software that converts PCs into secure, centrally manageable thin clients that can connect to centrally hosted desktops or applications. PCs repurposed with VDI Blaster are immune to viruses and totally stateless. Organizations of all sizes can deploy VDI Blaster™ to:
- Repurpose old PCs
- Extend the life of PCs (and their original capital investment)
- Experience the benefits of virtual desktop and thin client environments at a fraction of the price of a vast, new PC or thin client deployment.
How does VDI Blaster™ Work?
VDI Blaster works in different ways, outlined below:
Dual boot with Windows XP
VDI Blaster can be used without taking the risk of erasing your existing Windows installation. To install VDI Blaster, just execute the installer on the PC you want to repurpose. After installation, the PC reboots by default in thin client mode, running Devon IT's Terminal Operating System (DeTOS™).
In this mode repurposed PCs can be managed with Devon IT's Thin Client Management Software. But it is still possible to reboot repurposed PCs in Windows XP mode and uninstall DeTOS to return the PC to its initial configuration (with Windows XP as the only OS).
VDI Blaster can be installed via a USB drive or SATA dongle. This is very useful to test compatibility with your PC before "blasting" it. Users can also perform a full hard drive installation.
Why use VDI Blaster™?
Thin clients in general offer significant computing benefits, including
- cost reduction, from purchase to deployment to maintenance.
- improved and centralized asset management.
- faster application deployment.
- strengthened security.
- Minimizes risk of switching to VDI architecture.
- Can be tested in dual boot mode, and PCs can be returned to their previous state.
- When PC reaches end of life, switching to a thin client is a simple plug and play replacement.
- Re-use PCs while removing associated security risks and management overhead.
- Non-intrusive setup.
- Extend your capital investment, maximise your CAPEX and reduce your OPEX.
- Replace existing hardware instead of purchasing and deploying new hardware.
Manage every PC
- Thin Client Management Software is a leading thin client management software package from Devon IT that helps IT administrators manage newly converted virtual desktops easily from one place.
- Software upgrades, application updates, etc. can be conducted automatically across the entire network, saving significant time and money.
- By simplifying IT management of terminals and repurposed PCs, Thin Client Management Software further increases return on investment from server-based computing.
- a PC running Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)
- minimum 1GHz CPU, 512MB RAM
- includes VMware View, Citrix, and Microsoft Remote Desktop clients
- includes Firefox Web Browser to connect to web applications and supports "Kiosk" mode.
- Thin Client Management Software is included in the price and allows to centrally manage repurposed PCs along with Devon IT's thin clients
- Risk free: VDI Blaster™ can be installed without erasing existing data or reformatting the hard drive. VDI Blaster™ is easy to uninstall.
Interested in a personal demonstration? Need more information?